What Services Does TCPM Provide?
- TCPM’s first task is to understand what our Client’s organization is trying to do. What is the value in the project? What defines success?
- We then prepare a strategic level project plan.
- Next, TCPM will put in place an effective project team from both internal and external resources.
- In terms of our day-to-day tasks, TCPM emphasizes flexibility. We adjust our services to suit the task rather than get bogged down in unnecessary procedural processes.
- TCPM’s project managers strive for open, honest and effective communication on the project team. Research shows that most project failures can be traced back to a communications breakdown. Surprisingly, this seems even truer today as we drown each other with email and text messages – it is easy to forget to talk.
- Throughout the project, TCPM provides continuous feedback to the project team on the sensitive balance between the primary project priorities of cost, schedule and performance (quality and scope) as the project advances from one phase to the next.
- TCPM provides the leadership and direction to manage the project team and the stakeholders through the planning phase, then the design and approval phase, followed by the construction phase. TCPM leads the user groups through project commissioning, move-in, and generally over about a one year period, we complete the project close-out.
- At the end, TCPM checks back with our Client group to determine if success as it was defined at the beginning was achieved.
Integral with the broad scope services described above are numerous day-to-day activities that TCPM undertakes to keep the project running smoothly. Our overriding principle is to provide the required project management services which add value to the project as defined by the Client group.
Grant K. Turnbull, P.Eng., MBA PM
Why Retain TCPM?
In today’s fast moving world, projects are more complex than ever before. Complexity is created from not only challenging technical issues, but also from the many stakeholders in every project who naturally have different definitions of success.
Projects are full of uncertainty. Market conditions can change. Political events can affect major projects in any number of ways. Demand on labour and material resources can vary significantly depending on local, national or international events. Project team members can change over the long duration of a project including for example, user group personnel or third party approval authorities at the City. TCPM is prepared to manage uncertainty through our leadership, communication, organizational and technical skills, and our risk management processes.
At TCPM, we utilize our good relationships with many consultants and contractors to build an effective professional project team to manage the project’s complexity and uncertainty on our Client’s behalf. That is why our Clients retain us.